“The Lion King Jr.” Auditions
Show begins rehearsals August 17 and performs October 26-29
The Lion King is the story of Simba, an adventurous and energetic lion cub who is next in line to be king of the Pride Lands, a thriving and beautiful region in the African savanna. When Simba’s father Mufasa is killed by his uncle Scar, though, Simba is led to believe that his father’s death is his fault, and he is encouraged to run away forever. Scar seizes power and with his already unstable mind deteriorating, the Pride Lands experiences a darkness and desolation from which only Simba can save the animals of the kingdom. Featuring classic songs from the film such as “Circle of Life,” “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King,” “Hakuna Matata,” and “Can You Feel the Love Tonight,” The Lion King is a story and a spectacle about identity, family, and responsibility that is enjoyed worldwide by people of all ages.
Seeking energetic and vibrant performers, ages 8-14 years old.
Lion King Jr. Video Submission Audition Guidelines
*This year ALL Lion King Jr. auditions will be submitted by video!
*Auditioners CLICK HERE to download the audition pack to submit along with your audition video to: email@example.com.
*Please read the submission guidelines carefully and send your audition on or before Monday, May 16th at 11:00 pm.
- Select a song from Lion King or a song in the style of Lion King that will showcase your strongest and most expressive voice. There are several resources to aid in song choice. A few links are attached below.
Theater Trip: Lion King Audition Songs
Theater Trip: Disney Audition Songs
Lion King Jr. Rehearsal Tracks (with voices)
Lion King Jr. Accompaniment Tracks (music only)
- Practice your song with an accompaniment track or piano. Usually, you can find karaoke accompaniment for most songs on youtube. Please no acapella auditions.
- Find a quiet space with good lighting and a neutral background.
- Set your recording device in a stable location
- Frame the subject from the waist up in the recording screen.
- Set your music source closer to the subject and away from the recording device to avoid audio interference.
- Introduce yourself with your first and last name, your age, and what song you will be singing.
- Sing with clarity and expression using the accompaniment track (without singers.)
- Review your video to ensure a clear recording.
- Videos should be less than 2 minutes in length.
- Complete the Lion King Audition Pack and save it to your computer.
- Attach the audition packet and audition video to an email.
- Title your email with your full name.
- Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those invited to callbacks will be sent individual emails in response to his or her audition by May 17th with a set date and time. Callbacks will also be posted on this website with all the songs and sides needed.
Callbacks will be held in person at the High Valley Arts Studio on May 20th & May 21st.
The cast list will be posted on High Valley Art’s website by May 23rd.
REHEARSALS: From 4 to 7 pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday beginning August 17.
DRESS/TECH REHEARSALS: October 22nd, 24th, 25th.
PERFORMANCES: October 26th, 27th, 28th and 29th.
TUITION (if cast): $200. Can be paid in two installments of $105, if preferred. Sibling discount of $10.
SCHOLARSHIPS: Please check the box on the Audition Packet if you are interested in pursuing a scholarship for the show.
All regular rehearsals will be held at the High Valley Arts’ Studio – 210 East Main Street, Midway (please enter from the back entrance stairs leading down to the basement). For more info, please call or text (435) 657-5007.